Below are Some Fun Examples!
1. Just do something that is EXTRA nice unexpectedly for another person. Kindness is contagious.
2. Use the hashtag #TemeculaHasHeart on social media to highlight kind acts that you witness throughout Temecula. Email a screen shot of the post, and or send the link of the post, to TemeculaHasHeart@CityofTemecula.org.
3. Pick up 5 “I got caught being nice buttons” at City Hall and pass them out in Temecula when you witness a kind act! To receive buttons, contact TemeculaHasHeart@CityofTemecula.org. (While supplies last!)
4. Hand out “To-Do Lists” to your friends and family so they can become an Ambassador too! Pick up copies of the “To-Do List” at City Hall or upload it HERE.
5. Submit a photo spotlighting groups of employees or citizens with “hearts” and big smiles promoting kindness in Temecula! Click HERE for details!
Thank you to all who participated in these opportunities in 2015:
6. Create Artwork! Artists of all ages are invited to create artwork for a unique art exhibition at the 2015 Temecula State of the City and Temecula Art Festival. Artwork needs to reflect the theme: “Temecula Has Heart …Because Nice Matters” and be distinguishable as Temecula. Read more details here HERE and download an entry form HERE! Contact Temeculahasheart@CityofTemecula.org for more information.
7. March with other ambassadors, friends, and family at the 4th of July Parade! RSVP to Temeculahasheart@CityofTemecula.org and receive a free T-shirt to wear in the parade!
8. Paint tiles at the “Temecula Has Heart…Because Nice Matters” booth at the annual Temecula Art Festival and participate in creating a public art piece in support of “Temecula Has Heart…Because Nice Matters” http://temeculaoutreach.org/press-releases/temecula-residents-to-participate-in-the-creation-of-a-tile-mural-hand-painted-by-the-community-in-the-theme-of-temeculas-kindness-and-heart.
9. Tie a purple or red ribbon on the fence at the Temecula Duck Pond to spread awareness of kindness in Temecula.
10. Participate in the Inter-generational Dinner pairing senior citizens with high school students. https://www.flickr.com/photos/cityoftemecula/albums/72157661870355570.
Photo courtesy of Matthew Burlile, Temecula, CA.
Examples of Kindness!
Be sure to like the City of Temecula on Facebook!